Pilkington Optiphon™ Laminated Glass For Noise Control
Pilkington Optiphon™ is a high quality acoustic laminated glass that offers excellent noise reduction without compromising on light transmittance or impact performance. The desired acoustic performance can be achieved through combining various thicknesses of glass with a special PVB (polyvinylbutyral) interlayer. With a large variety of product combinations, Pilkington Optiphon™ offers the opportunity to achieve specific noise reduction requirements.
A wide range of possibilities
The Pilkington Optiphon ™ range offers a wide range of possibilities, with glasses starting from 4.5 mm in thickness to reach up to 20.8 mm for maximum acoustic insulation performance. There are also many services provided: the acoustic laminated glass, in addition to having safe breaking characteristics according to the UNI EN 12600 standard, are also certified in the resistance to the manual attack, according to UNI EN 356.
By varying the type of substrate and possibly applying the coating on it, the possible combinations extend further: you can choose to use glass with reduced Pilkington Optiwhite ™ content, or assemble coated glass to improve the energy efficiency of the glazing: choosing glass from the Pilkington Optitherm ™ or Pilkington Suncool ™ range, you are able to meet thermal insulation and solar control requirements.
Pilkington Optiphon™ can be combined with other Pilkington products for a multi-functional noise-reduction monolithic glass or a multi-functional noise-reduction Insulating Glass Unit providing additional benefits, such as thermal insulation, solar control or self-cleaning.
Insulating building interiors against noise has now become a major design criterion, due to the rapid increase in road and air traffic and the development of the urban motorways.
These and other sources of noise such as railways, discos and neighbours can cause people to experience inconvenience, annoyance, stress and even diagnosable illness. Glazing and windows can play an important part in reducing this noise. It can also provide privacy in applications such as offices, lecture theatres or hospitals.
Pilkington Optiphon™ has been awarded the Quiet Mark approval.
Related article: Pilkington UK Delivers Glass Centerpiece in Aldi HQ Makeover
Benefits of the Pilkington Optiphon™
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Can be single glazed or incorporated in an Insulating Glass Unit such as Pilkington Insulight™ Phon for increased sound insulation
- Provides a range of noise control levels
- Can be combined with other products in the Pilkington Range to achieve other benefits
- Safety glass to meet all the impact safety requirements of BS EN 12600
- Achieves up to Class P2A in accordance with BS EN 356 for security (resistance to manual attack)
- Improves the living and working environment
- Available in clear or decorative finishes
- Available in five standard thicknesses
- Bespoke products can be designed to individual requirements
- A thin and lightweight solution to noise problems